Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 2

The high expectations and excitement of week 1 are over and I am spent!! My feet are still throbbing from carrying around my pregnant self all week. On the bright side, I LOVE my class. I also love all the read-alouds that we can do this week. 

One of my favorites is My Mouth Is A Volcano  by Julia Cook.
                             

She is an amazing author who used to be a teacher so she completely gets it. This particular one is showing the kiddos how to manage their thoughts and words without 'erupting'. The kids get a kick out of it and learn a little self regulation at the same time! 

This week I am busily getting ready for our Curriculum Night. I am hoping to post pictures of activities we have been working on and things that I have made for the parents. Make sure you check back at the end of the week. 

Here's to another successful week in Second Grade!


 photo TheSecondGradeLifeSignature_zps58509fb9.png

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're having a great second week so far! That book is awesome, now go put your feet up immediately :-)

    ReplyDelete