Monday, September 2, 2013

Intervention/Extension

Hi again! Has anyone out there done a Reading Intervention/Extension block? My grade level team is trying to plan it out and want to put it into action before October. I have never done this before and would LOVE some feedback and suggestions. We are thinking about doing is 3X/week for 25 minutes. Our initial thoughts are that we will be breaking the kids into groups based on their phonics needs and abilities or doing some kind of enrichment activities with the kiddos that do not need any interventions at this time. (Speaking of phonics needs... has anyone noticed more holes and gaps in your students' phonics abilities? Do you think this is because of Common Core?)This block of time will be used for DIBELS interventions in the future.  This will be the first time I am 'letting go' of my babies and I am hesitant to do so! We of course need to have admin approve it but I just wanted to hear from ya'll who have done this before! THANKS :) 

 photo TheSecondGradeLifeSignature_zps58509fb9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment